First Year Students
As a first year student we want you to start identifying your interest and areas of strengths. Below are steps to take to ensure you stay on track for the 4 Year Career Success Plan.
- Gain an understanding of your interests, personality, and strengths through assessments.
- Connect your interests to a major, and consider your desired lifestyle. Explore Areas of Study to research majors, courses you would take and professional paths.
- Begin occupation exploration to determine what you can do with your major. Talk with professors, personal contacts in fields you are interested in and your Career Consultant.
- Create a FrogFolio, an e-portfolio to demonstrate your learning and personal brand to employers.
- Login to FrogJobs to start getting familiar with how you will upload your resume, search for internships and jobs, view upcoming events and research companies.
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on events and career opportunities.
- Meet with your Career Consultant to help you identify majors or careers that may be of interest and guide you to tools and resources to gain additional information.