Intern Scholarship Program: TCU Career Readiness Funds
Applications for Fall 2022 unpaid internship experiences will open in August.
Funding is available for off-campus, non-university-affiliated unpaid internships (for example, those with government or non-profit organizations). Applicants must be currently enrolled, undergraduate, full-time, degree-seeking, TCU students in good academic standing returning for the fall semester. International students are eligible to apply with approved academic credit and coordination with the Office of International Services. Applicants must submit a complete funding application on, or before deadlines. Applicants must provide written/document confirmation of acceptance from the supervising organization for the experience or project. Students may secure formal internship experience or proactively self-design projects for employers/organizations. Qualified experiences must be with external, licensed and/or established businesses or organizations.
Virtual Internships are eligible for funding. In-person Internships may be subject to campus and community health guidelines and restrictions. Students participating in off-campus experiences will be required to provide additional informed consent/release documentation.
The application process is hosted via the Office of Financial Aid. Visit https://tcu.academicworks.com to complete the application for consideration. Ssee instructions below on how to apply. Applications for Fall 2022 will open in early August.
- Use link https://tcu.academicworks.com/to access the site ;
- Click purple “Sign In” button in top right corner;
- Click “Sign In With TCU Username”
- Use your TCU user name and password to sign in
- “Opportunities” tab: complete General Scholarship Application
- Must be completed before the Career Readiness: Intern Scholarship(Fall Experience Application) is available.
- “My Applications” Tab: complete the Career Readiness: Intern Scholarship (Fall Experience Application)Important Note: Please confirm the response on the General Scholarship Application to participate in an internship is “Yes” and includes all terms of the internship(s).
- Provide detailed responses to required application fields.
- Before submitting your application. Ask your supervisor/employer for an email confirmation of your internship offer and acceptance along with the anticipated duration and hours for your experience. Upload this information with your application.
- Share all information that may be helpful for the review committee (anticipated expenses or specific circumstances related to your experience.)
- If you have questions regarding the application process, contact the Career Center for assistance.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of TCU faculty and staff. The committee may include representatives from the Center for Career & Professional Development, International Services, the TCU Faculty, and University Advancement. The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will review all final selections for eligibility.
Awards & Reporting
Funding for summer experiences will be granted after the application deadline and will be subject to final approvals. Funding will be contingent on campus-wide budgetary approvals. Awards may be applied directly to student accounts if there is an outstanding account balance. Award recipients may be required to complete a final summary and/or photo report at the conclusion of their experience. The Center for Career & Professional Development will summarize reports in a final impact report.
Students may utilize the Center for Career & Professional Development for assistance in finding and securing potential internships and project-based experiences. FrogJobs Powered by Handshake (TCU.Joinhandshake.com) provides real-time online access to job and internship opportunities. The Center for Career & Professional Development also offers online support tools for resume-building, interviews, and internship search resources. Students with questions regarding the TCU Career Readiness funds may contact Mike Caldwell at email@example.com
Employers may post and share open positions to students at careers.tcu.edu/hire-a-frog/ or TCU.joinhandshake.com Employers with questions may contact, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or assistance with promoting opportunities to TCU students.
Donors with an interest in supporting TCU students by contributing to the TCU Career Readiness Fund may contact TCU University Advancement for information.
The TCU Intern Scholarship Program was founded in 2013 with the goal of providing TCU students with financial support to secure and complete local, national, and international internship opportunities. The program started by funding 150 students with $300,000. Since then, through the generous donations of over 17 foundations, programs and individuals, the program has provided over $2 million dollars to support more than 1,200 TCU students completing internships in 30 states and 30 countries.
Watch this video to learn more about the Intern Scholarship Program: