Faculty and staff play an important role in raising awareness of the services, programs and events offered by the Career Center.
All TCU students and alumni have free access to the various Career Center services, including major choice plans, career and personality assessments, resume/cover letter reviews, practice interviews, job, internship, graduate school advice, salary negotiations and job offer evaluations, and more. Remind your students they can meet with their respective Career Consultant to obtain these services and essential support throughout their college journey.
Additionally, the Career Center supports a number of experiential programs including Industry Classroom Speakers, Employer Site Visits and Treks, Frog Job Shadow, Intern Scholarship Program and more. Some recent site visits and/or Frog Job Shadow Hosts include Lockheed Martin, Fidelity, Corgan, Southwest Airlines, Epsilon, Amon Carter Museum, Fossil, and The Richards Group. Remind your students to take advantage of these programs to explore different career paths and expand their professional network.
Further, the Career Center hosts numerous career-related events, such as the all major Fall and Spring Career & Intern Expo featuring over 100 employers, individual industry networking nights, company info sessions, and alumni and employer panels on various topics. Encourage your students to register on FrogJobs Powered by Handshake and attend these events.
To partner and increase student engagement with the Career Center:
- Encourage/Incentivize your students to meet with their Career Consultant for essential professional development services and to attend a career-related event (participation confirmed through our check-in process)
- Supplement your curriculum and provide a valuable networking opportunity by hosting an industry speaker
- Request or promote an area employer site visit to enable students to learn about different career paths, see firsthand various work environments, and expand their professional network.
- Share industry contacts or make beneficial introductions to connect the Career Center to prospective employers of TCU students and alumni
- Contact the Career Center at email@example.com to discuss partnering on a career event